The process of editing selfies has gone from making a few tweaks here and there to having the ability to change pretty much whatever you want. Editing technology has had to keep up with the demands of social media and our constant need to have something new to post.
Have you ever seen an influencer wear the same outfit twice? They never wear the same clothing — always a new outfit. Of course, half their wardrobe was a #PRgift, so not only do they get free clothes, but they also get paid to wear the outfit! So unfair.
For the rest of us mere mortals, having a new outfit in every Instagram post is basically impossible. Even if you raid your roommate's wardrobe, you'll still run out of things to wear eventually.
Thanks to Facetune2's Instagram editor, however, you can easily change up your look with just a few taps on your phone. Simply changing the color or pattern of your shirt in a selfie provides you with endless outfit possibilities, so you can post a new look every time.
Follow this step-by-step guide to digitally edit your clothes in a photo. It's easy, and you don't need any special skills to do it. Just grab your phone, open Facetune2, and discover a world of options.
1) Select the photo you want to edit and open it in Facetune2. This edit works best if the neckline and shoulder of your top are clearly visible.
2) On the bottom menu bar, scroll along until you can select the Clothes option.
3) Use the Prints option to add patterns and colors to your shirt. The app will automatically recognize what to edit, but you can tap and slide your fingers to focus and move the effect. You can also zoom in and out to resize the pattern to fit your outfit.
4) Then, use the Saturation and Details tools to increase the intensity of the effect and make it look natural. Consider the shadows and lighting in the photo to make sure the added pattern isn't too bright.
5) The app will automatically apply the effect over your entire shirt. You can go to the Fix function and select the eraser to remove the effect from areas like your collar, or you can remove it from the main shirt and just have a patterned collar.
6) Make sure you save your work and download it to your phone so you can share it online!
Bonus tip: If you don't want a patterned shirt, you can use the Paint tool on the main menu to repaint your shirt whatever color you want. It's super easy. Just pick a color and use your finger to swipe over the area you want to "dye." Use the eraser to tidy up the edges. And use the slider to increase or decrease the intensity of the color.
Keeping up with changing fashions is exhausting, but with a few edits on Facetune2, you've got a new OOTD every day, forever. It's super easy to add a new pattern or design to your tops, and it means you get a new look within seconds without spending any money.